AFFIRMATIVE FLAG FOOTBALL (AFFL). Founded in 2005, it is a fourteen-week, six-on-six flag football curriculum. One preseason day, eight regular season games, Divisional Championships and ATLAS BOWL (championship).
The program is divided into two divisions:
- ALPHA DIVISION: Raiders (1), Chiefs, Chargers (1), Broncos.
- OMEGA DIVISION: Rams (2), Seahawks (1), Cardinals, Niners (2).
*numbers represent program championships.
AFFIRMATIVE ATHLETICS BASKETBALL (AABL). Founded in 2006, it is a fourteen-week, 3-on-3 (six player roster) basketball curriculum. One preseason day, eight regular season games, one playoff conference semi-final, Conference Final and the AABL FINAL (championship).
The program is divided into two conferences:
- ALPHA CONFERENCE: Clippers (2), Warriors, Mavericks, Rockets, Nuggets (1).
- OMEGA CONFERENCE: Lakers, Kings, Sonics, Spurs, Suns.
THE DETAILS …
- Youth sign Affirmative Athletics Conduct Contracts to hold them accountable in upholding school and behavior responsibilities on and off the playing field.
- Youth are drafted onto established ‘franchises‘.
- Youth and coaches receive customized journals to chronicle weekly game experiences while teaching to plan, prepare, perform and assess team and personal performances in weekly writing workshops.
- Program newsletters are distributed. This powerful tool always emphasizes affirming our youth.
- At every program’s end, we bring our community together by hosting award ceremonies to celebrate individual and team accomplishments in a positive, supportive space.